Friday, August 1, 2008

Finished something

I finished the drawing that took me over a month to do (nothing compared to my kidney wallpaper) and passed it on to an industrial designer friend, who has agreed to do something else to it. Then it goes to two other people before the project is done. Am I being mysterious enough?
What I like about this project is that it seems to elegantly merge many of my sometimes conflicting interests: "fine art" with design, art history with contemporary manufacturing, "global" imagery with local imagery, and two dimensionality with three-dimensionality.
Time to start on the next drawing.
Correction: these interests don't conflict. Only in academia do they conflict, not in the real world. This is just a blog, I don't have to convince anybody here that it's okay to merge art and design!

No comments: