Sunday, April 20, 2008

Me and Will Oldham!

I got to meet a longtime hero, musician Will Oldham, today. He's doing a residency at Headlands Center for the Arts. He said he's never done this sort of thing before. I asked him to pretend like he was my best buddy long enough to get a picture, so he did:


Me and Bonnie Prince Billy, AKA Will Oldham

He had a brand new rocking chair from Target, and a banana, in preparation for being on display all day at the Headlands Open House. He talked about the elephant seals you could hear from his studio. He said something like, "Imagine the top fifteen most horrible sounds you've ever heard: vomiting, screaming, etc. The cute little baby elephant seal looks up at you with its massive black eyes and then suddenly makes all fifteen of those noises in succession."
I hope he doesn't mind my paraphrasing him.

No comments: